Wednesday, June 30, 2010

And then there is BEEF

Today is Social Media Day.  If you are a Facebook user, please considered friending PEBA (People Who are Ethical Beef Advocates)

I am making a committment to be more responsible in sharing our beef-raising practices.  To educate people and dispel myths.  At the same time, I acknowledge and respect differences of opinion and an individuals right to choose. 

PEBA is wonderful in disseminating information that is useful, educational and very well researched.  Many of us who raise cattle are often asked how we feed, what we feed, do we vaccinate, do we give antibiotics and so many more questions. 

The two questions I'm asked the most are:  Are your cattle organic or natural?  I tell people we are 'traditional'.  Yes, we do vaccinate our cattle.  We immunize them against diseases that they might potentially be exposed to when they are in summer pasture where they graze on grass.  As parents we immunize our children against diseases they might potentially exposed to ... makes sense to me. 

I hope that each of you will make your decisions based upon PROVEN information, not media hype.  If a study comes out that says bacon should be eaten each and every day, the first question I'm going to ask is "who funded the study?". 

My challenge to you ... be an informed consumer. 

No comments: