Friday, July 25, 2008

A lesson in hay & lavendar



Aren't they absolutely beautiful!!!! The lavendar is from my garden. I've a couple different varieties growing. If it was up to me, the whole garden would be lavendar!! I pick it early in the morning when it is much more fragrant. This was my bouquet to me. The other is Timothy Hay. My guy makes hay from it. He handed me the 'stem' at the field to educate me on the finer points of the hay and also of course, a token of his absolute adoration of me (well, heck I am a wanna-be rodeo queen, right?). I hadn't taken my allergy pill yet for the day and that token of absolute adoration set off a sneezing attack like no tomorrow. Poor guy didn't know what to say. And then he let me know that the 'head' of the hay was full thus the pollen was being released. That is your hay lesson for the day. The 'vase' is a jar I found down in the basement. Gotta love living in an old farmhouse. Full of treasures and antiques.

No comments: