Thursday, July 24, 2008

A mug of hot coffee, a beautiful sunrise & quiet moments






I wanted something really catchy but not an 'everyday' title. Let me know what you think. Now I need to find some pictures to go with it.


Looks like we'll be starting our Harvest today. Harvest is a wonderful time around the ranch. A time for not only seeing the 'fruits of our labors' so to speak, but a time of commaraderie. I like the late evenings where I can scrap & sew. I enjoy cooking for more than two people. I've been a busy pretend-wife, as I call it, preparing meals for the freezer, baking cookies and all that great stuff. On Monday I canned 17 pints of jam -- 9 pints of Apricot and 8 pints of Raspberry. Yummy!!!


A few weeks ago I was up at about 4 in the morning and decided to stay up. Enjoyed my coffee while sitting on the front porch, listening to the sounds around me (thinking ... ummm, this should be a relaxation video) and then had this great idea to go on a photography tour. So, I went in and got my travel mug, camera, and headed off in the pick-up. I enjoyed seeing the sun coming up, the moisture on the ground and the feeling of 'freshness' all around me.


Here are some of the pictures ....

1 comment:

Staci Taylor said...

Gosh, I haven't watched a sunrise in sooo long (way too long!)! Gorgeous photos you captured. And I love the title, very cute :-)