Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy FIRST Birthday Gavin Liam!!!


Last evening I was thinking back to a year ago when I was waiting for 'that' phone call. My eyes got a little misty as I remembered the joy & love I felt knowing that my first was having her first. And, our extended family's first grandchild. That our family was continuing. Even now as I write about it I bite my lip and hold back the eventual tears.

Gavin Liam is a blessing, as all babies are. But this blessing is even more special. He is a bundle of joy ... a wonderful combination of Mark & Missy's personalities. He has Missy's strong will & independent nature and Mark's sense of humor & smile that melts your heart. As the years go by GL will be developing his own sense of self and I look forward to watching the process.

I cherish the times we spend together, whether it be in person or over the phone. Each time Gavin & Grandma talk, I sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to him.

Happy Birthday Gavin Liam!

No comments: