Friday, October 30, 2009

Doors, Doors, and more Doors

Geesh, I didn't know finding a door would be that difficult.  It is kind of like looking for that perfect little black dress.  It is something that will give a first impression.  It is classic and will be around forever.  I do have the LBD and I've gone through many to find 'the one'. 

Here's the deal.  We live in a farmhouse (more victorian style) built by Grandpa Arthur McNeilly in 1912.  Grandpa was not married yet nor did he have a gal in mind.  I'm one of those that truly believe in first impression.  And, I'm one of those that doesn't want whatever everyone else has. 

I found a program that I used to decide the color and the look.  That style though was a little on the pricey side, in my mind.  Found another door at a really cool salvalge (sp?)/new stuff in Spokane.  A hole in the wall that is full!!!!  of treasures. 

So, I'm still looking.  I'm open to ideas, suggestions, web sites, etc.  I've the contractor (Thanks Paul!), now just need the door!!!! 

Going through older posts will show you what our home looks like to give you an image.  Looking forward to hearing from you! 

No comments: