Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Make New Friends, But Keep the Old .... Dear Facebook

Dear Facebook, 

Thank you so very, very much.  I owe an incredible amount of gratitude to you.  Over the past year I've reconnected with many friends from my high school years.  And over the past month ... it has gotten better.  I've reconnected with my childhood classmates from Japan and a dear, dear friend from Junior High.  I feel as though I've come home.  My childhood friends are of similar backgrounds having grown up in an international community and a few were also military 'brats' as we were called. 

I'm already planning a trip to Portland within the next month to visit my sweet Pam.  And the next big trip will be to Europe, where my dear Paula will be my tour guide. 

In reconnecting we have shared memories, caught up on family news and picked up where we left off. 

Thank you Facebook.
Sincerely,
A very grateful 'friend'

No comments: