Friday, November 6, 2009

The Scrappy 'Diva' Lounge


If you know me well, you know I love to scrap & create 'paper' stuff.  I have a room dedicated to my love of paper & material.  My lounge is currently painted a deep sky blue.  It is not a large room and the window is long in width and shot in height.  So I was visiting with my JK @ a class the other night and we were talking paint colors.  I mentioned I had been thinking 'pink' -- for the girly girl in me.  She mentioned she'd like yellow and then I had one of my 'visions'.  When I get these 'visions' I see the end result and then I need to backtrack to figure how I'm going to get there.  I mentioned to JK that I'd like my 'lounge' to be (if you're prim & proper you might want to stop reading ...) Trashy Cowgirl Chic!  Would that not be a hoot and so much fun!!!!  I already have a vintage hutch I store my treasures in, so I'm part way there.  It would be a matter of ripping out the shag (gulp) carpet and quite a bit of work but so worth it.  I've seen fabric of cowgirls in short shorts & quite busty and I could use that for a chair cover, curtains and a few more things.  What do you think?  Any color suggestions?  Pictures?  Links?  I wouldn't be able to start this until after the first of the year.  Let me know what you think! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a great room it would be to work and play in!!! I am jealous of your decorating inspiration... I am SEVERELY lacking in that area. DH and I are supposed to be picking tile for our new shower and I actually said to him "Oh I don't care just pick something white, I'm sure it will be fine"... I did backtrack and say that we should do something more than just white but I have NO decorating vision.

The Wheatfarmer's Wife said...

Go for the trasy cowgirl!! Lotsa bling and pink... vintage pics... cute, cute, cute! I'll help ya' paint!!!