Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake!!! -- Looking Back. . .


On Tuesday, January 20th, the nation will be celebrating a new president. For myself, well I'll be celebrating my son's golden birthday. 20 years ago, while in labor, I was watching the Inauguration Festivities of President George Bush.

Jake will be 20 on the 20th. I won't be physically there with him, but in my heart & soul there will be a celebration happening. My only son and my last baby. My child with imagination. My child with a heart of gold. As I write this I'm smiling, recalling memories that definitely involved his imagination and his bigger-then-life stories he'd write when in school. I always knew my son would be tall (his Dad & Granddads/Great-Granddads are/were) so when thinking of a name I thought of John Wayne and his character "Big Jake". Thus Jacob (Big Jake). Funny thing -- after he was born my Grandma Rice sent me a letter. In her letter she shared her excitement of my naming Jake after her father. Oops!

Having a son is amazing. After have the sisters first and then Jake, well things were different. He is an individual who is determined and when he sets his mind on something, it is all that & more. Definitely a combination of both his Dad & me.

At CMK www.createmykeepsake.com, they have a Friday Formula. This week I did my layout based upon Jake. The theme "Imagine" My journaling reads ... Imagine the possibilities. Realize your dreams. Own your thoughts. Be the man you can live with.

I'm adding the LO ... sorry for the glare. I'm going to have to work on my photography skills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that layout and enjoyed reading about your deep love for Jake

Anonymous said...

suzy your post is so special. i have 2 sons, ages 22 and almost 19 and i totally relate. early happy birthday to your sweet boy/man. :)

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is a beautiful page. Happy birthday to your son!!