Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baby Showers & a Road Trip






Woo-hoo!!! Thelma & Louise are probably pretty envious of Nina & my road trip. Well, so we weren't that wild, but had a great time. Nina teasingly suggested that I get a red convertible mustang (she saw another road trip on "Reba" -- her favorite show). When I was picking up the rental car @ Philly and they directed me to the blue avenger ... well I knew our road trip was just beginning!

We left her home in NJ and headed to Cape May. From Cape May we took a ferry to Lewes, Delaware. What a wonderful ferry ride and the weather was perfect. It was then on to Stafford, VA. The drive was great, our pit stops were fewer then I had expected (read ... a pregnant woman was my passenger). At one point she had me laughing so hard I was going to have to pull over as I was crying. If you haven't been on a road trip with your grown daughter ... don't wait! Our next road trip will include a baby in a car seat!

On Saturday we went to Missy's baby shower which was hosted by the gals where she works. Played silly shower games, which I love! Oh, and I even won a prize. :-) On Sunday we went to Nina's baby shower hosted by Sabrina. More silly shower games and lots of fun with friends. I enjoyed meeting the girls friends. Another highlight of the weekend ... Jake invited us to his apartment!! This was a first for the three of us. We were at Target when he called, so we brought him a housewarming gift ... something that all guys should have (no ... not maid & a month worth of meals in the freezer) ... Halloween dish towels & Halloween candy.

I was sad to leave Missy on Sunday. Knowing that the next time I see her she'll be a Mom ... wow, lots of thoughts and also memories flood of when she was a baby herself. We headed back to NJ. Got lost a few times, but hey the back roads were beautiful.

On Monday Nina and I washed and folded baby clothes ... fun! I flew home on Monday evening. It is always good to come home to my own bed, my guy & my life.

No comments: