Sunday, August 12, 2007

The 'snack runner' and her guy!

Last evening I did the 'snack run' for the Harvest Crew. I made cupcakes in ice cream cones and brought out the cooler full of our cold beverages. After six is 'our' time for that very much need ice-cold beer! Oops, looks like Dick was having the Fresca and I was having the beer for him! Hey, I had a rough day baking cupcakes, doing yardwork, working on some scrap stuff & housework.

This picture was taken while sitting on the back of our pickup. Couldn't find my good sunglasses so had to put on my Hollywood Big Style ones. My daughter's have told me these are not so stylish looking on me, so I avoid them at all costs. Although, I thought I was being pretty stylish when I bought them back in VA. Oh well ...

Yesterday they were harvesting barley and boy does it itch if you get barley powder on you.

Don't you love how beautiful & blue the sky is? The fields of the Palouse are amazing.

Just a few more days and then Harvest will be done for another year. Wheat prices are at an all time high .... $6.75 a bushel! Woo-hoo!!!!

This morning I went to worship service at the Dusty Bible Church that I attend. I love going to such a small country church. Doesn't hurt that Wiley (of Wiley & the Wild West or the famous "Yahoo" yodel) sings at church when he is in town. The sermons are intimate & meaningful ... meant for our community of farmers & ranchers. There is a sense of genuine sincerity in all who attend. When they say 'have a safe Harvest' ... they mean it!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Awwww...that is such a cute photo of you and your guy! The glasses are cute!